Wednesday, January 8, 2014

CoP - Tip of The Month

CR- Compositional Requirement on BB (balance beam)

On beam gymnasts are required to link, "one connection of 2 different dance elements, one being a leap, jump or hop with 180 degree split (cross or side), or straddle position. Awarded 0.5CR.

Usually you'll see the typical split jump + wolf jump, sissone + split jump etc. Pretty standard and boring. Some gymnasts have come up with some interesting ways to make this often boring CR interesting. In the '08 code I did recall Pavlova/Liukin doing sissone/split + sheep jump but that didn't really appeal to me. I do like Zeng Siqi's switch ring leap + sheep jump but what really got me noticing with the dance CR was when Amelia Racea did the sissone + full turn. I don't know if she was the first gymnast to perform that series but she was the first gymnast that I have ever saw do it. I like the originality.

(Source: n-liukin)

I also liked Grishina's full turn + split jump but really I like her whole Onodi + illusion + full turn + split jump. That is one of my favourite connection on beam.

 (Source: gymnasticsgifs)

No comments:

Post a Comment