Saturday, February 18, 2012

Moscow Championships 2012

I am very grateful to all the bloggers/youtubers and many forum users for giving valuable updates/vids on the Moscow Championships. I have been too busy to follow the competition or engage in forum discussions. Life gets busy and sometimes I wonder how some people have so much time on their hands to blog or post on forums? I'm finding it really hard to keep on blogging & forum posting lately. I'm gonna go into lurking mode for few months or so.

The other event that was going on was Elite Canada. I should follow Canadian gymnastics more :) I feel like a cheap Canadian (*^.^*) I really don't know anything about current Canadian gymnastics.

At the Moscow Championships I was excited to hear that Komova did her double Arabian dismount in combination! This would boost her BB d-score to around 6.5. I think she finally ditched the double turn. Also she didn't do L-turn + front aerial for connections this time. I'm thinking she will stop trying to connect it because it is giving her problems.

Grishina did a double double tuck on bars! If she can get this routine consistent by London time she will be on the team. It's crazy how much she has upgraded her bar routine. Since I'm a nerd I'm going to do a d-score breakdown of her bar routine.

Sole 1/1 + VLW (D+E) 0.2
Inbar 1/2 + P. Jaeger (D+D) 0.1
Inbar 1/1 + P. Tkatchev + Pak (E+E+D) 0.4
Sole Shoot to HB
Dbl dbl tuck (F)

3.7 + 0.7 = 4.4 + 2.5CR = 6.9 D-Score


And of course I have to talk about Afanasyeva. She changed her choreography a bit so this may mean she will have new floor music and choreography. It's early in the season and she's not at her peak best but her double pike is getting better. Her spins are more controlled now. She didn't get them quite around but she didn't seem to be trying to get them around either. I'm thinking she can master them when it really counts. I think the Russian girls are getting more use to and better on the Gymnova equipments.

 

For more videos from the Moscow Championships go to triplefull368 YouTube Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment