Sunday, April 7, 2013

Shang Chunsong 2013 Tokyo Cup Uneven Bars

Alright so I want to talk about Shang Chunsong. I don't know much about her but she debuted a new skill on WAG bars. She debuted a clear hip circle to pike. If she makes it to world's and successfully competes the skill, she will get it named after her. Shang's clear hip circle to pike has been given a well deserved "F" rating. This skill from Tkatchev variation is worth E and is named the Hindorff. Shang needs to work on her execution but I'm sure the Chinese coaches already know that. She catches her Hindorff pike very close to the bar and will get heavily deducted. I'm not sure if I like the composition of her routine but it is an ambitious routine. I see the Chinese are still doing the pirouette combos. Shang doesn't quite make her pirouettes look nice. The "Shang" has a nice ring to the clear hip pike. I hope she can get it named after her but to many gymnastics fan it is already dubbed the "Shang." I'm going to refer it as the Shang unless someone else can get it named after them.


Here is what she is going for:

Shang (F)
Pak (D)
Shaposh
Hindorff (E)
*Tkatchev + Gienger (D+D) 0.2CV
Healy + Ling (E+E) 0.1CV
Tsuk (D)

3.7 + 0.3CV = 4.0 + 2.5CR = 6.5 D-Score

* Shang's d-score was not published but she scored 13.400. I know that she fell and broke her connection but I gave her credit to show what her d-score would be like with the connection. Score Source Results 

2 comments:

  1. On IG magazine they report Shang's D-score at 6.3. I thought D+D was only 0.1 bonus and D+E both flight elements 0.2 bonus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi anon, you're right about the connection values but there are other special connection values. I don't know why the CoP doesn't state D+D both flight elements on same bar for 0.2. An example would be Tweddle's Markelov + Gienger (D+D) 0.2CV awarded. Another good example of 0.2 CV is D+C, Semenova's Tkatchev + Giant 1/1.

    I think D+E both flight elements illustrates Piked Tkatchev + Pak Salto etc.

    ReplyDelete