Friday, March 7, 2014

Just Because...Wu Liufang's Yang Bo Jump

Here is a beautiful picture of Wu Liufang's Yang Bo Jump. I had this post in my draft for a long time and didn't know why I didn't post it sooner.

The Yang Bo is a very difficult jump that is rated four tenths (D). Recently I haven't seen many gymnasts perform this jump. I wish more gymnasts would perform it but the requirements for this jump is difficult for most gymnasts to achieve. I think Wu Liufang's is textbook perfect. According to the the CoP the requirements are, "body arched, head dropped bwd & over split with front leg min at horizontal". Just a slight mistake would make this skill be credit one tenth lower.  


Here is a video of Wu Liufang's beam from 2011 Osijek world cup. The Yang Bo jump is the second element that she does. If you pause it at the right moment you will get a beautiful over split jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment