Thursday, October 9, 2014

Kohei Uchimura Golden In MAG AA || Nanning 2014


Full Results

1) Kohei Uchimura (JPN) 91.965
2) Max Whitlock (GBR) 90.473
3) Yusuke Tanaka (JPN) 90.449

This was a nice competition. I watched the Chinese feed. There were no doubts that Uchimura would reign again. He's won 5 world AA titles now! But I think it's best to say he won 6 major consecutive AA titles in a row. He has not lost since 2009. Not to be negative but I felt he was lowballed on some scores, just saying. I'm not surprised Whitlock came in 2nd. He did a good job. It was a good idea that they replaced him over Niles. I'm most happy for Yusuke Tanaka. He's somewhat been in the shadows of his more famous teammates but he managed to get third. I was cheering really hard for him to get 2nd. Although I knew he had tough competition from Verniaiev and Whitlock. I felt bad for inconsistent Verniaiev. He was close to making a podium finish. The hands down on rings, nervous floor and the out of bounds really cost him the difference. He could have gotten 2nd or I dare say first? Nah Kohei is the best but it'll be interesting to see how the next world championships be like. Whitlock and Verniaiev are younger but Uchimura will not back down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment