Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Quick Thoughts on Anastasia Grishina

I'm starting to really really like Grishina. Her beam combo, Onodi + illusion + full turn is quite pretty. I wish she would just do a simple switch leap instead of a switch ring leap though. Her legs are kinda soggy when she makes the ring shape, it's quite distracting.

I'm not sure if she can contend for a AA spot because she only does a FTY and has been struggling to get a consistent DTY, but hopefully she can master the DTY in time for the Olympics.

Her bars are exquisite and hopefully her new upgrades will be consistent enough for her to keep them. On FX I hope she gets something new and show us that she really can be a great floor worker.

The more and more I think about Grishina is that she could be like a Gabrielle Douglas in the making. Grishina has potential. I have a very good feeling she will peak really well for the Olympics.

 Here's the floor routine where a lot of fans fell in love with Grishina

 

No comments:

Post a Comment