Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ohashi's FX Podium Training ('13 American Cup)

Here are my thoughts on Ohashi's new floor routine. It's just podium training so it's not a real floor exercise where she got judged. I'm not sure if I like it. I'll have to see the real final routine. Her dance is good for an American gymnast. I just don't like her style though. It's too stiff and not smooth enough. I know, I know I'm an artistry troll. But for an American she moves okay enough. In terms of the actual gymnastics she is one of the best in the world. This girl can twist. And she has fairly good execution.

Here is what she is going for:

Full in Pike (E)
Bwd 3/2 + Fwd 2/1 (C+D) 0.2CV
Switch Ring + Switch leap 1/1 (D)
Dbl Pike (D)
Memmel (D)
Gogean (D)
Bwd 5/2 + fwd 1/1 (D) 0.2CV

3.2 + 0.4CV = 3.6 + 2.5CR = 6.1 D-Score


No comments:

Post a Comment